Click here for the Bean Bag Giveaway!
Here is a list of 7 Things You Didn't Know About Your Baby that I read in Parents magazine December 2008. This list comes from the new book Amazing Baby by Desmond Morris.
- During the nine months between conception and birth, a baby's weight increases 3,000 million times.
- Between birth and age 2, an infant will quadruple in size.
- At birth, a baby's brain is 1- percent of her total body weight (an adult's is 2 percent).
- Within 45 hours of birth, a newborn knows her own mother by smell. (And a blindfolded mom can identify her own child from a host of other babies by scent alone.)
- At birth, babies have the ability to swim.
- Human babies are the only primates to smile at their parents.
- A newborn has feet that are one third of their adult length. By age one, they are nearly half of their adult size.