Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Going Pink for Saint Patrick's Day

After two girls, my new favorite color is pink! I'm as drawn to it as my two and a half year old. So, when I decided it was time to look for some new makeup, I'm not surprised that I was drawn to the many shades of pink.

Why would I need new makeup, you ask? Well, it's not because the last time I bought makeup we were still in the 20th century, although that is true. No, it's because one day I was careless with my makeup bag and came upon the following scene: Sammi sitting in a circle of my makeup supplies. There was powder, red blush dusting the carpet, the mascara wand was in the lipstick tube and she was just pulling the lipstick wand out of the mascara tube. Every bit of makeup I owned was open and I could see the results of little curious fingers moving from one item to the next. Lipstick was smeared in the eye shadow, the sponge from the compact had joined forces with blush (hence the not-so-light dusting of blush on the carpet.) It was a sight to behold. And all I could do was kick myself for leaving all of my makeup in one place and that place being within Sammi's reach. Grrr.

Okay, I admit it, this actually happened last November! So why now? Why did I need new makeup this weekend? I went to a Mom It Forward luncheon last Thursday. In my mind I had remembered that I had salvaged something of my makeup. But Thursday morning when I was getting ready for my social outing, I realized I had saved eye shadow that was smeared with lipstick. It was too late to get anything so I went to this luncheon without any makeup. Obviously this is completely new to me! I rarely wear makeup, but I had wanted to make a good impression on the amazing women I was about to meet. And there were some amazing women there. And they all looked so beautiful and I felt so plain. That was a new feeling for me and I decided it was time to take action.

Friday morning I headed to the Clinique counter at Macy's ready to be beautified. A friendly lady named Valerie helped me choose a shade of pink that brought color to my face. Just to be sure, we tried a neutral/brown combination on the other eye. I was shocked at the difference. The brown I made that side of my face drab and uninteresting while the eye with the pink combination brought my skin to life. I was immediately sold.

I was going to opt for a pink shade in a two-color compact, but Valerie stepped up her non-aggressive sales approach and told me about the gift-with-purchase deal coming up. All you have to spend is $21.50 (or more) and you receive the most generous gift: a cosmetics bag and a companion bag, moisturizer with SPF 15, moisturizing lotion, lipstick, mascara, and a blushwear cream stick. Now, the gift doesn't start until March 31, so you haven't missed your chance. I prepurchased my four-shade eyeshadow set (to meet the minimum purchase amount) and now I am anxiously waiting for March 31 to go pick up my eyeshadow and gift! Thanks, Valerie!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to stop into the Clinque counter at the end of the month!

Anonymous said...

You always look beautiful! People always tell me to try pink I need to go try it out!!

Google Analytics Alternative