Saturday, May 9, 2009

Nature Days and Other Utah Activities

I attended I Never Grew Up's Nature Day this past Monday. It was held at the International Peace Gardens in Salt Lake. You may recall from this post that the Peace Gardens are on my to do list before we leave Utah. I was so excited to meet up with other reader's of Vanessa's blog and share an absolutely beautiful day at the gardens.

We traveled the world going from Korean gardens to Finnish to Italian and my personal favorite, the Swiss gardens. The little ones all had a grand time racing from one grassy spot to another. I tried to talk to Sammi about the countries, but she was more interested in the rocks and dirt! Another day:)

Two highlights of the day: 1) I won this adorable tee shirt for Sammi. The tee comes from beleaf, a company that combines organic and recycled fabrics with eco-education. Sammi's shirt says, "I recycled a cardboard box and built a fort today." She loves forts so it's a saying we stand behind 100%. We have already worn and washed the shirt twice this week! 2) Sammi made friends with another little girl among the crowd. The exhibited the Nature Day philosophy to the max. They played in rocks and dirt, with the lilac bushes and in the grass. The took off their shoes and ran through the damp soil then laid down on their stomachs and examined the blades of grass. The we lost in thier own world for nearly an hour before we coaxed them back to us for a little lunch before heading home.

Another activity from my list of things to do in Utah before we leave was to see the Walter Wick exhibit at the Museum of Art at Brigham Young University. Wow! What a creative mind. His photography is fantastic. I'm excited to check out his I Spy! books. Part of the exhibit comes from a Halloween poem and I'm saving that for October.

0 comments:

Google Analytics Alternative