Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Review: Guide to Pirate Parenting

Parenting is hard and full of difficult decisions that will affect our children for the rest of their lives. No one knows this better than Cap'n Billy "the Butcher" MacDougall who shows parents a great alternative in his Guide to Pirate Parenting. Parenting is always best when taken with an extra dose of humor and Tim Bete delivers.

Guide to Pirate Parenting is a quick and witty read. I read it in various public places and got many curious stares as I read it and occasionally laughed out loud. This book has everything you'll ever need to know about raising pirates, from nursery rhymes to converting your minivan to a schooner and then naming it! I laughed my way through this book, which was a welcome release from the tension of having a toddler in the house.

Aside from the humor, I really enjoyed this book because Bete incorporates useful tidbits about kids and parenting in a casual way. I saw a lot of real advice and insightful comments underlying many of the humorous anecdotes.

Well done, Tim. Now I'm off to get my hands on his first parenting book, In The Beginning...There Were No Diapers. If you're antsy for some Pirate Parenting guidance while you wait for your book to arrive, you can follow Cap'n Billy on Twitter or check out the website, Pirate Parenting.

0 comments:

Google Analytics Alternative